With PaintSave, 90% of paint in hoses is used instead of being wasted!
The technology is a hybrid between using push-out type systems and a piggable system. The patented floating shuttle device between pushing solvent and the paint in the supply hose keeps both materials separated so they aren't mixed.
The laminar flow of solvent in the hose has a higher speed in the middle where the shuttle device remains floating few microns smaller than the paint hose. The solvent never overpasses the shuttle, the paint hose is already cleaning during the push-out process.
The length of the 4mm interior diameter hose, gear pump volume, and paint regulator give the total volume of paint to be pushed out of the sprayer. Before the solvent reachs the injector, the sprayer closes the trigger. The automation must only set the length of hose and gear pump volume to set the right time to launch the shuttle and close the trigger.
90% of paint recovery in hose + 50% paint recovery in gear pump + 50% paint recovery in regulator = over 50% paint savings !
For a safer process, PaintSave may be bypassed by a second paint circuit available directly to the sprayer PPH 707. The paint robot is always available with standard process whatever happens to the PaintSave hose.
At the station, the paint flows around the shuttle smoothly : no reduced flowrate
- Fast response time : pneumatic valve unlocks the shuttle
- No spring inside paint : There is no spring needed because a magnet pushes the shuttle device inside the material flow through the hose
- Magnetic sensor detects position return of the shuttle
When inside the stream, the shuttle is pushed by solvent
- No risk that solvent overpasses the shuttle : the maximum speed of the laminar stream is in the middle.
- No contact = no shuttle device wear: the size is designed to keep the shuttle right in the 4mm paint hose.
- Hose is standard 4mm PTFE hose surrounded by a 7/10 mm hose in PTFE to prevent the hose from bending.
From the calculation of the paint volume between the gear pump and the PPH 707, we can stop the pump just before the shuttle arrives at the Terminus station. There is no risk of spraying solvent!
The solvent goes around the shuttle and cleans the trigger.
Then the shuttle reverses and is pushed back by air to the Start station